We are proud to announce the finalists of the inaugural Burt Award for Caribbean Literature. The Burt Award for Caribbean Literature was established by CODE – a Canadian charitable organization that has been advancing literacy and learning for 55 years – in collaboration with William (Bill) Burt and the Literary Prizes Foundation. The Award is the result of a close collaboration with CODE’s local partners in the Caribbean, The Bocas Lit Fest and CaribLit.
The shortlisted titles are:
· Island Princess in Brooklyn by Diane Browne, Jamaica (published by Carlong)
· All Over Again by A-dZiko Simba Gegele, Jamaica (published by Blouse & Skirt Books)
· Barrel Girl by Glynis Guevara, Trinidad and Tobago (manuscript to be published)
· Musical Youth by Joanne [C] Hillhouse, Antigua and Barbuda (manuscript to be published)
· Abraham’s Treasure by Joanne Skerrett, Dominica (published by Papillotte Press)
· Inner City Girl by Colleen Smith Dennis, Jamaica (published by LMH Publishing)
Congratulations to the finalists! And thank you to all writers who participated in the inaugural Burt Award for Caribbean Literature. The first, second and third place winners will be announced on Friday 25 April during the NGC Bocas Lit Fest in Port of Spain.
Read the attached press release for all the details, or click here.
The Bocas Lit Fest team